SAN DIEGO, California, October 17th, 2018 - Steren Electronics International, a manufacturer of voice, video and data electronic solutions, announces the launch of WIAT (Wireless Assurance Tool), the first installer friendly, ruggedized, Handheld 2.4GHZ and 5GHz dual band Wireless Display Tester in the industry. WIAT is designed to help search for the best wireless channels available as well as the level of interference (noise floor) when installing or troubleshooting wireless LAN connections. This versatile tester aids the installer and troubleshooter in the analyzing and testing of residential and small/medium business (SMB) Wireless Networks.
Designed for the Cable and Telco install industries, the Steren Electronics new Wireless Tester allows the field tech to decide which channel to use, detect strong/weak wireless signals, and determinate interference levels in the area. The Wireless Assurance Tool will also assist with the location for a “signal booster” and mesh-ons.
“WIAT by Steren is the ultimate combination of value and performance for the tier 1 field technician. Our new product gives both the installation and field repair technician the ability to optimize the Wi-Fi installations before they leave the jobsite, and to quickly diagnose existing problems, preventing additional truck rolls,” said Alan Gatlin, V.P. of Sales and Marketing for Steren Electronics International Group.
“We are excited to offer the industry this extraordinary product, adding to our other testing tools designed with the Installation & Servicing Technician in mind.”
WIAT Technical Features:
· IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac dual-band radio with virtual-simultaneous dual-band operation.
· Support for both 2.4x GHz and 5.0x GHz scanning on devices with dual-band Wi-Fi.
· Site Survey - displays each AP’s beacon signal strength and channel, indicating how Wi-Fi channels in the 2.4x GHz ISM band overlap with one another.
· Lists all wireless AP’s Wi-Fi environments, along with their SSID, MAC address, frequency, channel, beacon signal strength (-dBm) and security configuration such as WPA or WPA2.
· Provides channels rating with ACI (Adjacent Channel Interference), CCC (Co-Channel Contention), dBm, and SRN (Signal-to-Noise) value for comprehensive rating channels.
· Indicates good strong signal without interference with Bad, Fair, Good status for AP (Access Point) Signal Strength.
· IP65 Water Resistant – Impact Tolerant.
· Built-in Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery.
For more information, visit http://commercial.sterenusa.com/wireless-display-tester or call 800-266-3333.
About Steren Electronics International, LLC
Steren Electronics International is a minority-owned, 60-year-old manufacturing company with brand recognition throughout North American and Mexico. Steren continues to offer one of the largest portfolios in the electronics connectivity world, offering a wide variety of innovative solutions for the ultimate consumer experience. For more information, please visit: www.sterenusa.com or call 800-266-3333.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Steren Electronics International, LLC