At SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo® 2018, CableLabs will continue to demonstrate how its innovations make next-generation broadband available today and provide solutions for tomorrow’s connectivity challenges. Through our 61 member companies worldwide, partnerships with top-tier universities and a collaborative ecosystem inside and outside the cable industry, CableLabs is able to create global impact.
Visit Booth #713 to learn more about the CableLabs ecosystem, how it has evolved 30 years later and breakthroughs surrounding our vision of a connected future. We’ll have information about our key focus areas of wireless, wired, AI and machine learning, security, tech policy, as well as strategy and innovation.
Here’s a sneak peak of what CableLabs is covering throughout the show:
- Distributed Access Architecture (DAA): Back by popular demand! We’ll discuss how CableLabs defined Remote PHY, Remote MAC PHY and Flexible MAC Architecture (FMA), saving operators money and playing an essential role in the next generation of cable networks.
- Energy Efficiency: CableLabs provides technical leadership to the industry in many areas of energy efficiency. Debbie Fitzgerald is a judge for the SCTE Energy 2020 Adaptive Power Challenge, where six finalists will present their innovative approaches to reducing network power consumption, competing for two $10,000 prizes and access to large cable operators.
- Full Duplex DOCSIS® 3.1 Technology: Full Duplex DOCSIS technology has the potential to deliver up to 10 gigabits per second of symmetric broadband capacity over the coax portion of the network. We’ll give our update on the next evolution of DOCSIS technology and how CableLabs is preparing to support speed and latency requirements of the future.
- 5G and Broadband Connectivity: 5G wireless networks will require tight integration with high performing fixed broadband networks to offer high capacity, low latency mobile services. We’ll touch upon the latest developments in the intersection between mobile 5G and DOCSIS/ HFC infrastructure and how CableLabs is developing the necessary tools for cable field operators to strategically and technically support 5G.
- Proactive Network Maintenance (PNM): Mother nature isn’t known for her predictably and can cause disruptions in your network. Using CableLabs’ PNM model, you’ll learn how to use machine learning, artificial intelligence and real-time weather analytics to predict the best time to conduct customer repairs to minimize disruptions.
- Fiber to the Home (FTTH) Deployments: Fiber to the home has been deployed across the world by different companies and public institutions. We’ll cover the latest in the standards debates about the technical and economic feasibility of high bit rates.
CableLabs subject matter experts are moderating panel discussions and leading seminars, with CEO and President Phil McKinney speaking at the opening ceremony. Our lineup includes:
- Ralph Brown, Chief Technology Officer
- Bernardo Huberman, Fellow and Vice President
- Jon Schnoor, Lead Architect
- Debbie Fitzgerald, Principal Architect
- Karthik Sundaresan, Principal Architect
- Jing Wang, Lead Architect
- Dr. Jason Rupe, Principal Architect
- Brian Scriber, Principal Architect
- Dr. Curtis Knittle, VP of Wired Technologies
- Dr. Alberto Campos, Fellow
- Dr. Jennifer Andreoli-Fang, Distinguished Technologist
- Doug Jones, Principal Architect
- Don Clarke, Principal Architect
- Steve Goeringer, Principal Architect
- Ron Ih, Director of Business Development
- Dr. Steve Jia, Distinguished Technologist
See you in Atlanta! For any questions ahead of the show, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.