At SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo® 2019, CableLabs will continue to demonstrate how its innovations are enabling the latest broadband technologies available today and providing solutions for the next generation of connectivity. Through our member companies worldwide, partnerships with top-tier universities and a collaborative ecosystem inside and outside the cable industry, CableLabs is ushering in the future of broadband on a global scale.
Visit Booth #1101 to learn more about the CableLabs ecosystem and breakthroughs surrounding our vision of a connected future. We’ll have information about our key focus areas of wireless, wired, AI and machine learning, security, tech policy, as well as strategy and innovation. Additionally, we’ll demo some of our latest technologies including Dual Channel Wi-Fi™, Proactive Network Maintenance, Transparent Security and P2P Coherent Optics.
Here’s a sneak peak of what CableLabs is covering throughout the show:
- 10G: We’ll provide an overview of 10G, the broadband technology platform that ramps up from the 1 Gbps service that is widely available today, discussing the benefits of 10G, how it fits into the 5G space and the technologies operators will use to get to 10G.
- Low Latency DOCSIS® (LLD): With the rise of Tele-medicine and other latency dependent industries, low latency is emerging as a critical measurement of broadband network performance for applications far beyond gaming. We’ll provide an update on LLD and what still needs to be done in order to fully service latency-sensitive applications.
- 5G Security: 5G wireless networks will require tight integration with high performing fixed broadband networks to offer seamless high capacity, low latency mobile services. We’ll touch upon ways to keep these converged networks secure, including the 5G unified authentication framework, which allows authentication to become access network agnostic and consistent between wireless and wireline networks.
- 10G and Low Latency: A key component of the 10G platform is delivering a seamless low latency experience over both wireless and wireline networks. We’ll discuss Low Latency Xhaul (LLX), a critical enabler for cost effective 5G mobile backhaul/fronthaul over DOCSIS.
- Mobile Xhaul: As broadband operators expand their wireless reach, their focus is moving beyond providing backhaul services. We’ll touch on the technologies required to enable broadband small cell deployment in homes or on the strand, allowing operators to provide fronthaul, midhaul and backhaul services (collectively called xhaul).
CableLabs subject matter experts are moderating panel discussions and leading seminars, with CEO and President Phil McKinney speaking during the general session. Our lineup includes:
- Dr. Alberto Campos, Fellow
- Dr. Curtis Knittle, VP of Wired Technologies
- Brian Scriber, Principal Architect
- Greg White, Distinguished Technologist
- Dr. Steve Jia, Distinguished Technologist
- Doug Jones, Principal Architect
- Karthik Sundaresan, Principal Architect
- Dr. Jason Rupe, Principal Architect
- Mark Poletti, Director of Wireless
- Rachel Beisel, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
- Steve Goeringer, Principal Architect
- Dr. Tao Wan, Principal Architect
- Dr. Jennifer Andreoli-Fang, Distinguished Technologist
- Shahed Mazumder, Principal Strategist, Technology Strategy
- Kyle Haefner, Senior Security Engineer
For any questions ahead of the show, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.