All units are equipped with variable speed inverter compressors, variable speed EC fans, and an advanced control system that increases system efficiency while reducing wear and tear.
Another feature that promotes energy efficiency is the robustly designed integrated economizer, described as “free cooling”. This feature, when conditions are suitable, provides 100% of the rated cooling capacity of the wall pack unit (WPU) while consuming ~ 1kW or less whenever the outdoor temperature is a few degrees lower than a predetermined setpoint. This feature alone can save equipment shelter operators significant utility costs, especially in cooler climates.
In addition to having excellent energy efficiency, these systems are simple to operate, maintain, and service. The AIRSYS design team is committed to listening and responding to the customer community. As a result, these systems have continuously evolved with customer-defined features that have improved the overall quality and the user experience.
Usability features include:
- A functional step test that facilitates complete operational verification in less than 5 minutes
- Unobstructed access to all key components for Preventive Maintenance (PM) and servicing
- A high level of operational reliability via the built in Fail-Safe mode
- Completely selectable alarm relays (NC or NO) to enable the system to adapt to the customer’s requirements
- In depth real-time system parameter readings available remotely and on site.
- Real-time power monitoring for individual units
The AIRSYS UNICOOL WPUs are available in cooling capacities from 1.5 - 10 tons; however, the sensible cooling capacity of these machines is as much as 40% higher than a traditional machine. An available ordering guide can help properly match the capacity of the HVAC system to the heat load in the shelter.
With a suite of best in class components from around the globe, AIRSYS UNICOOL WPUs deliver quality and reliability while substantially reducing cost of operation.