SCTE® L&D Experience: Limitless Learning for the Future of Work
Tuesday, October 12, 2021: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
2021 L&D Experience Chair:
Nancy Murphy, Executive Director Learning and Workforce Capability, Cox Communications
2021 L&D Experience Sponsors:
CSG • Urbint • Wave Broadband • Power & Tel
Vice President, Learning & Leadership Research Leader
Deloitte Consulting - Human Capital Research & Sensing
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM ET
Disruption is radically altering the nature of work, the notion of what it means to have a “job,” and—ultimately—a company’s value proposition. In response, organizations are rushing to execute strategies, generate value, and develop new lenses for appraising and developing workers.
Too many organizations, however, are coping by redoubling their emphasis on skills acquired through training, experience, and exposure. But what if the pace of change in the market and the speed at which these skills lose viability become too great? The answer involves widening the focus to include more than skills. In this session, we will
• Explain why organizations must adjust their approach to talent to include a focus on the human capabilities that will enable workers to adapt quickly and continuously to disruption.
• Explore how leaders and HR can develop, nurture and amplify these attributes in the flow of work
• What it means to be a learning organization (and how it isn’t about the L&D department)
• Identify the importance of cultivating a learning culture for the future of work
2:00 PM - 2:45 PM ET
Moderated by Agnes Francis Adolphine, Cox Communications
Hear from industry leaders how disruptions have impacted their organization and what they did to overcome the challenges. This engaging panel will discuss how the pandemic affected them, though this is not the only disruption that has impacted organizations. Learn what your organization do to prepare for the next disruption.
- Amy Atkins, Sr. Director, Human Resources, Wave Broadband
- Maria Alejandra Molina, Strategy Learning Manager, Telecom Argentina
- Shane Bryan, COO, CGS
- Jim Hare, Vice President Business, Head of FIeld Services Management, CSG
Signature Event Featuring Jim Kirkpatrick
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM ET
Getting to Kirkpatrick® Levels 3 and 4: Creating Believable Value Keynote
Training is still “on trial,” charged with incurring expenses in excess of the value it provides to the organization. Training must reinvent itself and transcend the classroom. Attend this thought-provoking session to learn how to structure initiatives so they enhance on-the-job performance and impact the bottom line. Learn directly from the creators of the Kirkpatrick Model the newest way to implement the four levels. This program will focus on tactics at Levels 3 and 4 and provide ideas that any professional can implement in their own organization.
Virtual Networking Event
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET
Do not miss the opportunity to build relationships and learn a little because you are experiencing Expo virtually. Join this event where you get to learn, laugh and have fun, while networking with your peers across the industry in a virtual environment.